Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tam-Po-Po

I was excited to try out good food again, at a japanese restaurant on monday... "Wow! I love jap food too!"

My friend was already there, waiting. I stepped in and took a glance, there were more japanese than locals. I knew this must be an authentic japanese hideout. I walked passed the dessert showcase, an excellent array of master pieces! All calling out "Pick me! Pick me!"

I spotted him, he waved for me to come over. The waiter was very prompt, the moment i sat opposite my friend, he immediately presenting us with a few menus; the set meals, a-la-carte and the beverages. Everything looks good. "What do you recommend?" My friend said this place is known for the tonkatsu (layered pork cutlet). Very well, we ordered one to share. I ordered the buckwheat cold soba with tempura for myself and he, ramen in spicy soup. Yes indeed the tonkatsu was superb! Its very tender and juicy, could be eaten with brown sauce or mustered sauce. I enjoyed my cold soba. Its white smooth surface makes slurping fun! Then came our dessert. I had mocha cream cake. His dessert was one very interesting creation. Its orange-jelly-in-an-orange-with-orange-fibre-in-the-jelly... a tongue-twister!

I like their service too, this waiter, who first served us, always come round our table to make sure our glasses are always filled with green tea.

"Arigato-Gosae-mas!" as we left the restaurant. "Will you come back again?" "Why not? We could ask our friends to try this too".

Looks like I had been eating out japanese food for several weeks (and it was unplanned). I had this fabulous japanese buffet at UE Square last december. And since its free flow, my friend and I had no worry about burning a big hole in his pocket (yeah, his pocket, not mine. Ha!) I like the sashimi, came in portion fit for asian appetite, so we had to order more. But i love the complimentary appetizer the best. Its a thin layer of cooked salmon on a bean curd which is seated on a sauce in a small glass, its served cold. "Am i suppose to gulp down the content like drinking tequila?" No no, use the chopsticks. Its delicious! But I had only one serving, its a pity I did not ask for another one.

Oh well, I guess there will be more japanese food to come. I will be checking out this new japanese food chain after my aquaerobics tomorrow. Its has a very interesting concept, even the food layout is unusual. I will try to take some snapshots of it. And you tell me if its worth coming back again?

No comments: